Family Owned & Operated
Products & Recipes
Tom West Blueberries products make by Lake Meadows Farms
These Blueberry Shortcakes are a beautiful and delicious dessert that is simple to make. I topped mine with fresh blueberries, lemon glaze, and a sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar for an extra special finishing touch.
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Optional: lemon glaze, lemon zest, more fresh blueberries, powdered sugar, and whipped cream for serving
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, coat the cake pan with baking spray. For more intricate pans, spray with baking spray. Then, add some all-purpose flour to each cavity, shake it around, and discard the excess.
- The next step is to whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Then add the vanilla, softened butter, milk, and egg. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for about two minutes. Gently stir in the fresh blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cavities in the mold pan. Each cavity should be about 3/4 full. In case there are any drips, set the pan on a baking sheet while putting the batter in the cavities. Then place the pan into the preheated oven.
- Bake the little cakes for 18-20 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool completely in the pan before attempting to remove them. Gently loosen each cake with your fingers: then invert the pan to release the cakes.
- To serve, top each cake with blueberries. Then drizzle with lemon glaze (recipe below) and sprinkle with lemon zest and confectioners’ sugar. For an added treat, serve with freshly whipped cream.
If using a muffin pan, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Lemon Glaze: In a bowl, whisk together 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 2-3 tablespoons milk. Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time to achieve the desired consistency.
Calories: 287kcal • Carbohydrates: 42g • Protein: 4g • Fat: 12g • Saturated Fat: 7g • Cholesterol: 56mg • Sodium: 313mg • Potassium: 73mg • Fiber: 1g • Sugar: 25g • Vitamin A: 398IU • Vitamin C: 2mg • Calcium: 92mg • Iron: 1mg
Lemon & Blueberry Bread
Quick breads are among my favorite things to bake because they are simple and delicious. And this Lemon and Blueberry Bread is no exception. It's bursting with bright and fresh flavor, and you can whip it up in no time for a wonderful breakfast treat or afternoon snack.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then spray the inside of a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter may be slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it in an even layer.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (If needed, cover the bread with foil to prevent overbrowning.) Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
I like to serve this Lemon and Blueberry Bread with a little salted butter. However, if you want to highlight the lemon flavor and make the bread even more decadent, you can whip up a glaze of confectioners' sugar and lemon juice to drizzle on the top. Simply add fresh lemon juice (You don't need much.) to a cup of confectioners' sugar until you achieve the desired drizzling consistency.
Calories: 306kcal • Carbohydrates: 44g • Protein: 5g • Fat: 13g • Saturated Fat: 8g • Cholesterol: 64mg • Sodium: 310mg • Potassium: 88mg • Fiber: 1g • Sugar: 23g • Vitamin A: 435IU • Vitamin C: 3mg • Calcium: 86mg • Iron: 1mg
Our Sweets Collection
The best way to experience our wide collection of sweets is to visit the store. Follow the aromas and choose the most enticing sweets to satisfy your palate.